Volunteering boosts employee morale and promotes team building. Corporate and group volunteers assist with ground work, Festival of Lights and other events. The volunteer office can arrange a corporate volunteer day for your company, organization or student group.
Moody Gardens® depends on volunteers for assistance in many areas of the property. Our Corporate and Group Volunteer Program offers groups of volunteers the opportunity to participate in the hands-on work of keeping our property looking great. Volunteers may assist staff with a variety of different types of designated projects designed to be enjoyable and fulfilling; giving you and your employees or group a sense of ownership in Moody Gardens®.
- Groups may volunteer year round, weather permitting. Moody Gardens® greatest need for volunteers is between September and May.
- A maximum of 50 volunteers will be accepted on any given day. Groups will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Time requirement is a minimum of 4 hours.
- Must be 16 years or older. Children may not accompany adults while volunteering.
- Each participant must sign a waiver of liability.
- Groups need to register in advance and may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org (409) 683-4108.
Project types may include, but aren’t limited to:
- Garden and grounds maintenance such as mulching, planting and/or weeding
- Exhibit Upkeep
- Event preparation
- Cleaning attractions, such as cleaning the lazy river, playground structures and surfaces
- Paint and change bulbs for Festival of Lights
- Special events, such as Ghostly Gardens, Easter in the Gardens and Festival of Lights
Group and Corporate Daily Volunteer Benefits:
An opportunity to become a part of conservation and education in your community the chance to meet people and enjoy camaraderie with your group
Recognition - Quarterly Volunteer Newsletter with a special thanks to your organization listed, special thanks on the Moody Gardens® website and Moody Gardens® Facebook page.Special thanks on all ticketing marquees the day of your service and a visit to one attraction of the following exhibits:Aquarium, Rainforest, or Palm Beach.