- What is Educator Open House?
- Educator Open House is an annual event hosted by Moody Gardens. It is a free event for all area educators and supporting school staff to come out and explore Moody Gardens and discover what we have to offer you and your students.
- What will I receive?
- The first 1,000 participants will receive a tote bag and meal ticket. All participants will be given a packet of information including the Schedule of Events, map, and SBEC Scavenger Hunt. You will also be given a nametag, which will act as your ticket into the Aquarium, Rainforest, and Discovery Pyramids, Ridefilm Theater, 4D Theater, 3D Theater, and the Colonel Paddleboat.For the 3D Theater, the first 200 participants in line will be admitted to each show.
- Who is eligible to attend?
- All educators and school support staff are welcome; this includes staff from public, private, and home schools. University students majoring in the field of education are also welcome.
- How do I register?
To register, you will need to complete the preregistration form found on the website. You will also need to bring a school issued i.d. or paycheck stub to verify that you are employed by a school. For home school educators, we ask that you bring a newsletter or other proof that you are a home school educator. For university students, we will need to see a school issued i.d. and a note from a professor stating that you are a student in the field of education.
Without the proper identification, as outlined above, you will not be allowed to register for the event.
- Can I bring my family?
- Yes. Once you have registered for the event, you can purchase the day pass for family members for $21 per person. With the Day Pass, they will be able to visit the Aquarium, Rainforest, and Discovery Pyramids, IMAX Theater, 4D Theater, Ridefilm Theater, and the Colonel Paddleboat.
- Will I earn SBEC credits?
- You will have the opportunity to earn up to 4 SBEC credit hours. To earn the credits, you will need to complete the SBEC Scavenger Hunt you will receive when you register.
- Is pre-registration required?
- Yes, pre-registration is required for the event.
- What if the answer to my question is not listed here?
- Send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org and your question will be answered as soon as possible.
Moody Gardens® is a public, non-profit educational destination utilizing nature in the advancement of rehabilitation, conservation, recreation and research.