Corporate & Group Volunteers
Volunteering boosts employee morale and promotes team building. Corporate and group volunteers assist with ground work, Festival of Lights and other special events/projects. The volunteer office can arrange a corporate volunteer day for your company, organization or student group.
Moody Gardens depends on volunteers for assistance in many areas of the property. Our Corporate and Group Volunteer Program offers groups of volunteers the opportunity to participate in the hands-on work of keeping our property looking great. Volunteers may assist staff with a variety of different types of designated projects designed to be enjoyable and fulfilling; giving you and your employees or group a sense of ownership in Moody Gardens.
- Groups may volunteer year round, weather permitting. Moody Gardens greatest need for volunteers is between September and May.
- A minimum of 15 volunteers will be accepted on any given day. Groups will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Time requirement is a minimum of 2, maximum of 4 hours.
- Must be 16 years of age or older. Children may not accompany adults while volunteering.
- Each participant must sign a waiver of liability.
- Groups need to register in advance and may do so by contacting Volunteers at 409-683-4108 or email email@example.com.
Project types may include, but aren't limited to:
- Garden and grounds maintenance such as mulching, planting and/or weeding
- Exhibit upkeep
- Event preparation
- Cleaning attractions, such as cleaning the lazy river, playground structures and surfaces
- Paint and change bulbs for Festival of Lights
- Special events, such as Ghostly Gardens, Mardi Gras Ball for Special People, Easter in the Gardens, Adaptive Watersports Festival and Festival of Lights
Group & Corporate Daily Volunteer Benefits
An opportunity to become a part of conservation and education in your community, the chance to meet people and enjoy camaraderie with your group.
Recognition - A Special Thanks to your organization in the Volunteer Newsletter, Moody Gardens website and Moody Gardens Facebook page and a visit to one of the following attractions: Aquarium or Rainforest.