Teen Volunteer Program - SAVY
The Society for the Advancement of Volunteer Youth, SAVY, provides students 14 to 17 years of age with the opportunity to volunteer within their community while gaining experience in a variety of career fields. Through the SAVY program, participants have an experience that only Moody Gardens can offer.
Goals & Objectives Include:
- To expose participants to a variety of career fields, including biology, and education.
- To help support Moody Gardens mission statement: Moody Gardens is a public, non-profit educational destination utilizing nature in the advancement of rehabilitation, conservation, recreation, and research.
- To be an enriching program that will challenge participants mentally, physically, and socially, regardless of sex, color, or creed.
- To provide an edu-taining environment for our visitors and guests.
- To assist staff with various duties and responsibilities.
- To help participants garner experience for future employment.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit a completed Moody Gardens SAVY Volunteer application with at least two letters of recommendation from non-relatives and a copy of their most recent report card. Once the application is received in full, the applicant will be contacted to attend a required SAVY Open House and schedule a personal interview with Volunteer Services.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.