Teen Volunteer Program - SAVY
The Society for the Advancement of Volunteer Youth, SAVY, provides students 14 to 17 years of age with the opportunity to volunteer within their community while gaining experience in a variety of career fields. Through the SAVY program, participants have an experience that only Moody Gardens can offer.
For more information regarding the SAVY Program, please contact our Youth Volunteer Specialist at 409-683-4121 or email email@example.com.
Goals & Objectives Include:
- To expose participants to a variety of career fields, including biology, and education.
- To help support Moody Gardens mission statement: Moody Gardens is a public, non-profit educational destination utilizing nature in the advancement of rehabilitation, conservation, recreation, and research.
- To be an enriching program that will challenge participants mentally, physically, and socially, regardless of sex, color, or creed.
- To provide an edu-taining environment for our visitors and guests.
- To assist staff with various duties and responsibilities.
- To help participants garner experience for future employment.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit a completed Moody Gardens SAVY Volunteer application with a letter of recommendation from a non-relative and a copy of their most recent report card. Once the application is received in full, the applicant will be contacted to attend a required SAVY Open House and schedule a personal interview with Volunteer Services.
First Year SAVY Application
Returning SAVY Application
Lead SAVY Application
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.